Forums » Comments/Questions

I was blocked

• Canadian_Girl
    • 12 posts
    November 4, 2012 10:55 PM EST

I have a question, earlier when I tried to come on I got a screen that said I was blocked cause I might be a spammer or something???? I am no spammer..what was that?

• Film_Fan
    • 53 posts
    November 4, 2012 11:07 PM EST
    Did you get the email? the site was hacked in on Halloween so a message came out some tougher spam, trolls hacker stuff is being tested. Sites like this where you can post stuff are bombarded by spammers hard to keep them out when you have thousands of poorly paid people sitting at computers surfing for interactive sites to post their links and such. low life trash they are.
    You wont be blocked the email said ignore if you got it but if your IP changes it is a small chance you could get an IP a spammer messed up and got blacklisted.
  • Admin
    • 27 posts
    November 9, 2012 10:51 PM EST

Sorry about that I am fine tuning the blocking software, something has to be done to keep spammers off here because of the content these people leave behind and they don’t care this is a family friendly site geared to kids and teens. Since it has been up just a few days over 1000 spammers and other assorted web criminals blocked while allowing 12,00 good visitors.

Still have a lot of work to do with the site because I am very limited in time I can spend working on it, I have to next get the word out better and get better seo.

• Jon_Brit
    • 33 posts
    August 21, 2013 9:56 AM EDT

I am glad I saw this topic because this morning it also told me I was blocked, I am ok now obviously but I am letting you know lads maybe there is something that needs to be checked as I am certainly no spammer, the pikeys the whole lot of them.

• Admin
    • 27 posts
    August 21, 2013 10:32 AM EDT

Jon due to bombardment by spammers and trolls the secirity system is normaly tuned a bit more restrictive from midnight to early in the morning, I will whitelist your account so this will not happen again.

If there are others that might have run in to this block screen let me know and I will and you to the whitelist or always allow.

• O\u043f\u0456\u043a\u0443\u043d
    • 71 posts
    August 21, 2013 10:38 AM EDT
    Ok that explains as I also saw the blocked screen this morning which due to my time zone was still night for your location so please add my account to the safe list.

Admin said:

Jon due to bombardment by spammers and trolls the secirity system is normaly tuned a bit more restrictive from midnight to early in the morning, I will whitelist your account so this will not happen again.

If there are others that might have run in to this block screen let me know and I will and you to the whitelist or always allow.

• O\u043f\u0456\u043a\u0443\u043d
    • 71 posts
    August 22, 2013 10:57 AM EDT

Thanks it was ok today no problems, just keep the spammers out no problem I got caught in the trap. lol

This post was edited by Oпікун at August 22, 2013 10:58 AM EDT
  • OG John
    • 86 posts
    August 25, 2013 1:44 PM EDT

I was not blocked but the site seems to be going down often what is the problem there lads?

• Klattuu
    • 152 posts
    August 25, 2013 1:53 PM EDT
    OG it is a simple case of server overload, the visitors here has jumped substantially this Summer and the computing power is getting overloaded.
    I am not technical but as told to me by admin before a site like this uses database queries for everything a user do and you get one hundred persons watching videos clickign through photos, reading blogs or whatever the computing power gets used up and site is not reachanble.
    Solution is well less people come or the server again has to be increased if and when the admin choose to do so. THis is a FANSITE and upgrading cost money site does not make money.

OG John said:

I was not blocked but the site seems to be going down often what is the problem there lads?