Forums » Movies

After Earth

• Front_Row_Center
    • 68 posts
    June 6, 2013 10:03 PM EDT

The movie is getting a ton of hate from critics but look I was not blow away but it was ok I was entertained.

The story is very generic not much to it travel from point one location to another and retrieve and object while facing danger along the way. The acting is not horrendous, Jaden is ok physically I find he has problems with line delivery, Will was very good in this with what he had to do.

The production is very nice and the score is awesome, I would rate the movie 5 of 10, people this is not Plan 9 from Outer space as some critics would lead you to believe this is an ok film not mind blowing but ok.

I am no expert but as I said I was entertained I did not walked out and neither did anyone in my viewing audience, that being said I think “Oblivion” is a better film.

• OmahaTrevor
    • 109 posts
    June 7, 2013 1:14 PM EDT

I'm disinterested. I saw Star Trek Into Darkness instead.

• OG John
    • 86 posts
    June 7, 2013 3:38 PM EDT

I am reading all over that it is a load of rubbish, might give it a pass when it reaches over here, no bifg fan of Jaden Smith anyways seems a bit too pouty to me.

Cheers

• Riley
    • 34 posts
    June 7, 2013 3:48 PM EDT

Yes I have read comments and reviews saying it is rubbish but when it reaches here I will see it and make my own mind up.

• BellaThorneFan
    • 3 posts
    June 7, 2013 7:28 PM EDT

My review for After Earth is MEH nothing special but I watrched it all and was not blown away or anything but it was not like the worst movie ever.

• Jeff_Wincott
    • 93 posts
    June 7, 2013 11:08 PM EDT
    If you feel so positive about a wretched film like After Earth then you are obviously a studio plant.
    The film is wretched, it is geck it is badly acted by Jaden Smith, and I do not hate Jaden but I hate when  no-talents with powerful families get starring roles in major films, while gifted actors wait tables. and trug from audition to audition.
    I am tired of Will Smith creating and backing films so he can showcase his son, the boy might be a nice kid but he CAN"T ACT.
    Front_Row_Center said:

The movie is getting a ton of hate from critics but look I was not blow away but it was ok I was entertained.

The story is very generic not much to it travel from point one location to another and retrieve and object while facing danger along the way. The acting is not horrendous, Jaden is ok physically I find he has problems with line delivery, Will was very good in this with what he had to do.

The production is very nice and the score is awesome, I would rate the movie 5 of 10, people this is not Plan 9 from Outer space as some critics would lead you to believe this is an ok film not mind blowing but ok.

I am no expert but as I said I was entertained I did not walked out and neither did anyone in my viewing audience, that being said I think “Oblivion” is a better film.

This post was edited by Jeff_Wincott at June 7, 2013 11:32 PM EDT
  • Star_Girly
    • 5 posts
    June 8, 2013 8:21 PM EDT

Gosh just leave the kid alone, I dont like movies like that so I wont watch it anyways.

Also he is not the first child of a famous person that help their kid get roles and stuff ever heard of Miley and Billy Ray Cyrus? gosh.

This post was edited by Star_Girly at June 8, 2013 8:21 PM EDT
  • Garyiscool
    • 69 posts
    June 9, 2013 11:25 AM EDT

LOL the movie sucks dude it has nothing to do with hating Jaden Smith, the movie is crap.

• OmahaTrevor
    • 109 posts
    June 10, 2013 3:50 PM EDT

Whatever. I pretty much lost all faith in Night Shyamalan. He had a good chance at being the next big director but he's blown it these past ten years.

• Jeff_Wincott
    • 93 posts
    June 10, 2013 8:27 PM EDT

That heavy hammering you are hearing is the final nails being driven into the coffin of M Night Shyamalan’s career as a Hollywood director and Will Smith as a box office draw.

The light tapping is nails be driven into Jaden Smith scoring any roles besides those backed and developed by daddy, let him try auditioning to actually won a role. 

• Front_Row_Center
    • 68 posts
    June 10, 2013 8:34 PM EDT
    Harsh, but I can't with a certainty disagree. 

Jeffrey WINCOTT said:

That heavy hammering you are hearing is the final nails being driven into the coffin of M Night Shyamalan’s career as a Hollywood director and Will Smith as a box office draw.

The light tapping is nails be driven into Jaden Smith scoring any roles besides those backed and developed by daddy, let him try auditioning to actually won a role. 

• ConnorM
    • 9 posts
    June 14, 2013 3:45 PM EDT

I hated it, really boring no wonder it is such a flop here and in Canada.

• BizKid
    • 16 posts
    June 16, 2013 11:23 AM EDT
    What do I know but I don't think Jaden Smith is that bad, what I think is he needs to go to auditions and actually win roles and his dad needs to keep creating these supposedly big draw roles for him and let him develop on his own as an actor.
    He is not ready to carry a film like "After Earth" on his own, he needs good supporting roles.
    That is the reason the film failed.

Jeffrey WINCOTT said:

• Klattuu
    • 152 posts
    June 19, 2013 9:10 PM EDT

After earth continues to sink week after week, it's only hope now is the overseas market to recoup some cash.

• BizKid
    • 16 posts
    June 21, 2013 5:28 PM EDT
    Yes it has fallen off the map, I think if Europe listens to the bad reviews here it will also flop overseas.

Klattuu said:

After earth continues to sink week after week, it's only hope now is the overseas market to recoup some cash.

• OmahaTrevor
    • 109 posts
    June 24, 2013 4:24 PM EDT

Whatever the situation it's out of the Top 10 now.