Forums » Technology

Best Cell Phone

• $NavyBoy$
    • 49 posts
    July 30, 2013 1:45 AM EDT

Arguably the two top phones in the world are the Samsung galaxys4 and the Apple IPhone 5, which of these two heavyweights is the top? I say the IPhone scores a knockout first in build and feel quality. You can either go for the creaky plasticky Galaxy s4 or the magnificence of the IPhone with its awesome aluminum shell, there is no metal on the Galaxy after you get by its gorilla glass screen.

When it comes to software I will take IOS any day over android where the threat of picking up nasty malware always exist, I don’t want a phone where I have to have antivirus software running burdening the phone even more than needed.

Performance wise many say they give the edge to the S4 I say it is close with a slight edge to the IPhone. Now I can go on about each category but jump in android fans and share your opinion.

• Riley
    • 34 posts
    July 30, 2013 8:27 AM EDT

You have to look at all categories, I don't own either but I have handled both in stores and Samsung is wayyyyyyy better you see the things that phone can do? Iphone 5 is nice but not in Galaxy S4 range..Iphone5 is more like Galaxy S3 the S4 blows it away I think.

• Jeff_Wincott
    • 93 posts
    July 30, 2013 5:08 PM EDT

NavyBoy you are obviously such a big Apple FanBoy that you are blind to the excellence of that which is the Samsung Galaxy S4. The Galaxy S4 is far superior to the IPhone 5 which in its own is also an excellent phone.

You described the feel of the S4 compared to the IPhone and yes I grant you the plastic of the S4 is no match for the beautifully crafted aluminum of the IPhone.

To base it solely on the plastic and the fact that android devices require virus ware is rubbish, if you watch where you get your apps from you do not need any malware protection just use common sense.

The Galaxy is miles ahead of Apples IPhone with features such as Air View & Smart Gestures and the dual shot camera and the brilliant 5inch screen and the Quad Core 1.9 GHz processor is nothing to sneeze at and on and on. The ability to simply move your head or swipe your hand over the screen is sheer brilliance.

You have obviously not picked up a Galaxy S4 and played with it navyboy or else you need to get your head from up Apples rear.

• OG John
    • 86 posts
    August 1, 2013 9:39 AM EDT

NavyBoy is an Apple FanBoy, he likes anything Apple with blind devotion, I love Iphone and wish I had one but I have seen the Samsung Galaxy S4 and the Iphone 5 and the Galaxy blows it out of the water.

• $NavyBoy$
    • 49 posts
    August 1, 2013 9:15 PM EDT

Oh Mr. Wincott you mean the same benchmark test from the Galaxy S4 that many reports online now claim that Samsung has set the device up to score high on these benchmarks normaly run by reviwers and other testing facilities. The phone is reported to be design to score high on these test that it wil in real world everyday use by you Google FanBoys.

For those who have nor hear sure I wil leave a link or just google it and get hundreds of hits on this cheating by Samsung, there is your mighty Galxy S4 FanBOys.

http://www.androidpit.com/samsung-cheat-on-galaxy-s4-benchmarks

• Riley
    • 34 posts
    August 3, 2013 10:09 AM EDT
    Samsung has said that it is not true.

NavyBoy said:

Oh Mr. Wincott you mean the same benchmark test from the Galaxy S4 that many reports online now claim that Samsung has set the device up to score high on these benchmarks normaly run by reviwers and other testing facilities. The phone is reported to be design to score high on these test that it wil in real world everyday use by you Google FanBoys.

For those who have nor hear sure I wil leave a link or just google it and get hundreds of hits on this cheating by Samsung, there is your mighty Galxy S4 FanBOys.

http://www.androidpit.com/samsung-cheat-on-galaxy-s4-benchmarks

• $NavyBoy$
    • 49 posts
    August 11, 2013 11:46 AM EDT

Well I see there is no reply from you droid heads, well because I hit you where it hurt with the Galaxy designed so that benchmark test run by reviewers are inflated over real world performance.

What do you know Riley do you even have a smartphone, put your 1990's flip phone away.

• JoeCool
    • 18 posts
    August 17, 2013 4:41 PM EDT

HAHAHAHAHa you tell them Navy, you showed them who is boss and yes Riley put your flip phone away.

• OmahaTrevor85
    • 121 posts
    September 23, 2017 2:13 PM EDT

This talk is from four years back? A lot has changed in the cellphone world.

Back then it was a case where the iPhone to rule all phones was soon ending thanks to the SamSung Galaxy. Until the Galaxy came out, the iPhone didn't have an equal, or even close. Back when the Galaxy came out in 2012, it was like "Finally the iPhone has a rival!"

I own an LG G6. The LG G series is ranking up there with the Galaxies and the iPhones. When I got mine back in July, I was saying "Like a G6, like a G6" all day.

This post was edited by OmahaTrevor85 at September 23, 2017 2:14 PM EDT