Forums » Movies

Blackfish

• Jeff_Wincott
    • 93 posts
    September 12, 2013 12:01 AM EDT

I was able to see the Blackfish the eye-opening documentary directed by Gabriela Cowperthwaite. Blackfish" is a well done but disturbing documentary that will make you looks hard at what real value parks like SeaWorld have. This film only reinforced in me the truth that these whales belong with their families in their natural habitat, not performing for audiences in some pool. I have never paid my money to attend one and after this they sure as hell will not see a dime of my money. These magnificent creatures made to perform to the tune of billions in profits with no care for what it might be doing to them all for the sake of the dollar and selling tons of cute little killer whale stuffed toys. It is time to release all of them and close these Roman coliseums down.

Free the Whales

RIP Dawn

• Riley
    • 34 posts
    September 12, 2013 2:00 PM EDT

Good and I agree I love to see the Killer Whales but not in a swimming pool in the Ocean.

Free the whales, wonder if the whales can keep some humans in a tank and have whales pay to see them do some tricks?

• OG John
    • 86 posts
    September 12, 2013 2:20 PM EDT

Well they certainly don't have these magnificent creatures in a bath tub for educational purposes it is for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ yes imagine a creature who swims miles a day in the wide open sea now confined to a sodding bathtub for these greedy executives.

• Klattuu
    • 152 posts
    September 13, 2013 2:32 PM EDT

Agreed, I saw the doc and it really opens your eye to the plight of these magnificent creatures, I have been to SeaWorld and seen a show and now I think diff on shows like that.

• Tristan
    • 36 posts
    November 15, 2013 2:05 PM EST
    Ye I saw that doc it was good and does make you feel orry for the whales in those pools just for people to come nd gawk at.....for a price.

Jeff_Wincott said:

I was able to see the Blackfish the eye-opening documentary directed by Gabriela Cowperthwaite. Blackfish" is a well done but disturbing documentary that will make you looks hard at what real value parks like SeaWorld have. This film only reinforced in me the truth that these whales belong with their families in their natural habitat, not performing for audiences in some pool. I have never paid my money to attend one and after this they sure as hell will not see a dime of my money. These magnificent creatures made to perform to the tune of billions in profits with no care for what it might be doing to them all for the sake of the dollar and selling tons of cute little killer whale stuffed toys. It is time to release all of them and close these Roman coliseums down.

Free the Whales

RIP Dawn

• Skater_TJ
    • 90 posts
    August 30, 2014 11:17 PM EDT

I saw a news story where SEa World has admitted that this doc has hurt business as some entertainers refused to perform there etc.

I live in San Diego and hardly go there think I went once when we were teken on a school trip, I mean it was kind of awesome but to think about tit how can those big fish like being there?

An awesome movie I think most people should check it out.

• Riley
    • 34 posts
    August 31, 2014 2:18 PM EDT

And good to see, they should close the place down, wonder how they like if Whales could capture some people and under the Ocean place them in a water tight glass cage and sit around and watch them do tricks, al while having some nice snacks and the like.

[blockquote]Skater_TJ said:

I saw a news story where SEa World has admitted that this doc has hurt business as some entertainers refused to perform there etc.

I live in San Diego and hardly go there think I went once when we were teken on a school trip, I mean it was kind of awesome but to think about tit how can those big fish like being there?

An awesome movie I think most people should check it out.

[/blockquote]

• Skater_TJ
    • 90 posts
    September 4, 2014 5:27 PM EDT

@Riley, yea I hear you man, some people have some strong feelings on that.

• Garyiscool
    • 69 posts
    September 5, 2014 10:18 PM EDT

Free Willy.

• JeffJones
    • 84 posts
    November 17, 2014 2:28 AM EST

Blackfish was one of the best Doc I have ever seen, very hard hitting a real eye opener. You better believe it did some damage to Sea World they recently came out and will be implementing some changes in how they do things. Me thinks the best change they could make is to close the damn place down.