Forums » Celebs

RIP Sawyer Sweeten

• Keesha
    • 21 posts
    May 6, 2015 11:50 AM EDT

Former "Everybody Loves Raymond" child actor Sawyer Sweeten died at the age of 19 at a family member's home in Texas. He played Geoffrey Barone on the hilarious sitcom for 9 seasons.

My sympathy to his family and friends but he lives on through that awesome old sitcom, catch it on Nick at Nite, it is also on Netflix that is where I wqatched it, seen thos ekids grow up from 2 years old to about 11...so sad.

• Keesha
    • 21 posts
    May 6, 2015 11:52 AM EDT
    Here are a few more pics I liked.so cute.
    Keesha said:

Former "Everybody Loves Raymond" child actor Sawyer Sweeten died at the age of 19 at a family member's home in Texas. He played Geoffrey Barone on the hilarious sitcom for 9 seasons.

My sympathy to his family and friends but he lives on through that awesome old sitcom, catch it on Nick at Nite, it is also on Netflix that is where I wqatched it, seen thos ekids grow up from 2 years old to about 11...so sad.

• Klattuu
    • 152 posts
    May 6, 2015 6:02 PM EDT

Everybody Loves Raymond was one of my fav shows and yes saw those kids grown from toddlers to pre-teens.

A hailarious show each episode had it's fair share of laughs, and the kids were awesome while not a big part of most shows they were super.

• Rachel
    • 83 posts
    May 6, 2015 8:56 PM EDT

Very ncie post again Keesha and this is why you win so many memebr of the Month awards.

Sawyer was so cute on that show with his twin brother and his sister, the show makes me laugh.

• Jazzy_Girl
    • 24 posts
    May 6, 2015 9:20 PM EDT
    My mom loves the show, she watches it on Netflix I have watched a few the kids are so cute. So sad RIP Sawyer.
    Rachel said:

Very ncie post again Keesha and this is why you win so many memebr of the Month awards.

Sawyer was so cute on that show with his twin brother and his sister, the show makes me laugh.

• Skater_TJ
    • 90 posts
    May 7, 2015 12:22 AM EDT

Maybe he didnt do it, you know killed himself, I mean they all saying he was no depressed or anything maybe it was an accident.

I don't know but very sad, seiing him still there on ELR, what a funny show.

• JoeCool
    • 18 posts
    May 7, 2015 10:34 AM EDT

WHY?

• MariaD
    • 17 posts
    May 7, 2015 11:16 AM EDT

So sad, Sawyer was so cute on the show, the show is so funny by the way.

• OmahaTrevor85
    • 121 posts
    May 7, 2015 8:18 PM EDT

Yes it is a shock. I read the article in People magazine. His mother says he wasn't your typical 'tragic former child star' who got lost in drugs and alcohol. I believe her. Depression can strike anyone.

• JakeT
    • 5 posts
    May 7, 2015 9:01 PM EDT

RIP Sawyer..I see your show with my parents often.

• Klattuu
    • 152 posts
    May 8, 2015 1:19 AM EDT
    Yes it can and too many people do not take it seriously by always telling the ailing person of snap out of it and other frivious comments.
    Men/boys are also least likely to report it as they feel a stigma and feel weak by talking about it because of how so many people look at this serious illness.
    OmahaTrevor85 said:

Yes it is a shock. I read the article in People magazine. His mother says he wasn't your typical 'tragic former child star' who got lost in drugs and alcohol. I believe her. Depression can strike anyone.

• Skater_TJ
    • 90 posts
    May 9, 2015 1:24 AM EDT

It is so sad, the kid grew up on TV for like 9 years. I did not see him in much after that show. Dont know why not ging to guess, some kids just quit acting so yea.

This post was edited by Skater_TJ at May 9, 2015 1:24 AM EDT
  • Garyiscool
    • 69 posts
    May 9, 2015 11:26 PM EDT

Very sad that what he was going through led to this.

• OmahaTrevor85
    • 121 posts
    May 10, 2015 6:51 PM EDT

I came across an article in People that should clear some things up: http://www.people.com/article/sawyer-sweeten-death-suicide-mother-tribute

What happened to our son was not textbook depression. He was happy, upbeat and loving. But in the last week of his life, we saw something happen. It was so rapid in progression that we were caught off-guard.

Sawyer was not some tragic Hollywood kid who did drugs or became an alcoholic. He did neither. He was a normal young man who loved his Harley-Davidson, video games, his pets and especially his family.

-Elizabeth Gini, Sawyer's mother

• OmahaTrevor85
    • 121 posts
    May 10, 2015 6:53 PM EDT

Interesting thing is that Sawyer is not the only young actor to commit suicide this year. Back in March, British actor/singer Chris Hardman from Gene Simmons' Rock School commited suicide at 24.

• Carrie013
    • 10 posts
    May 10, 2015 7:11 PM EDT
    OMG! thats scary of that can happen so fast?? what causes it, hope I dont get that. RIP sweet Sawyer so cute.
    OmahaTrevor85 said:

I came across an article in People that should clear some things up: http://www.people.com/article/sawyer-sweeten-death-suicide-mother-tribute

What happened to our son was not textbook depression. He was happy, upbeat and loving. But in the last week of his life, we saw something happen. It was so rapid in progression that we were caught off-guard.

Sawyer was not some tragic Hollywood kid who did drugs or became an alcoholic. He did neither. He was a normal young man who loved his Harley-Davidson, video games, his pets and especially his family.

-Elizabeth Gini, Sawyer's mother

• RonnyG
    • 29 posts
    May 17, 2015 9:39 PM EDT

Sawyer needed a friend to confide in, a friend in need is a friend indeed. RIP.

• Rog
    Rog
    • 21 posts
    May 30, 2015 8:25 AM EDT

Very sad about Sawyer Sweeten but here is more to this that what is public, trust me.