My Top 10 Movies Of 2014
Yes I did make a list for 2014, despite how lackluster it was of a movie year both in critical fare and blockbusters but here it goes:
- American Sniper - This is one movie that most went beyond what I thought it would be. That's why it gets top spot.
- Boyhood - I think every adult male can see part of their own boyhood in Mason's.
- The Grand Budapest Hotel - The comedy of the year. Wes Anderson doesn't lose his eccentricity and succeeds to charm.
- Selma - An excellent story that has as much importance today.
- The Imitation Game - As much about the story as it is about the man behind it.
- Whiplash - The drive to be the best and a teacher that pushes for it makes a stormier mix than you thought.
- Wild - A journey that keeps you intrigued from start to finish.
- The Theory of Everything - This is as much about Jane Hawking as it is about Stephen.
- Birdman - Excellent story and picture but not too sure who its core audience is.
- Gone Girl - Excellent story about a children's writer whose best work of fiction isn't on any print.
- Still Alice - I didn't think a film about Alzeimer's would please an audience but it does.
- Foxcatcher - An anatomy of a murder. It's as much about the people involved as it is about the story.
- The LEGO Movie - Animated movie of the year without a doubt.
- Interstellar - Possibly the most underrated movie of the year. Very good story. Very good effects.
- Ida - Foreign film of the year. Very well-done.
Other Films Of Note:
Popcorn Movie Of The Year - Guardians Of The Galaxy - Marvel takes a cartoon ensemble not many knew about and turned them into household names.
Morally Redeeming Film Of The Year - Selma
Family Movie Of The Year - The LEGO Movie