Brooklyn
    It Follows
    The Martian
    Room
    Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation

• Trey
    • 6 posts
    July 10, 2016 8:54 PM EDT

Mad Max is number one I have never seen something like that, had to go get the old originals.

• Front_Row_Center
    • 68 posts
    July 11, 2016 1:40 AM EDT

Superb listing and information you always show a keen insight into filmdom. I always wonder if you are not a known Entertainment columnist that is gracing us with your pressense for free.

I would have the same top ten, I might be tempted to include "Creed" at the expense of 'Carol" but it wuld be tough.

I have no doubt that "Vacation" was a steaming pile, but lets not forget “Rock The Kasbah” and the muddled mess that was "Pan" let's hope that puts an end to Peter Pan movies, and lets to skip over the pile that was "Entourage."

• Skater_TJ
    • 90 posts
    July 11, 2016 11:54 AM EDT

Nothing can top Mad Max: Fury Road, wow! what a ride the best movie I saw in 2015 and I see quite a few I go almost every weeekend.

• NYKid
    • 5 posts
    July 11, 2016 1:00 PM EDT

Well I have three 2015 movies that were my fav and I can't pic the best of them they are The Avengers: Age Of Ultron, Mad Max: Fury Road and Styar Wars: The Force Awakens.

If I absolutely had to pick one if I was waterboarded it would be Mad Max.

• Carl
    • 8 posts
    July 11, 2016 2:39 PM EDT

Mad Max is number one hands down, what a movie.

• MariaD
    • 17 posts
    July 11, 2016 4:53 PM EDT

Inside Out and Brooklyn, you boys can have your Mad max. lol

• Seth_G
    • 7 posts
    July 11, 2016 8:33 PM EDT

My fav of 2015 is Mad Max: Fury Road, now rinse and repeat 9 more times that is my top. 10.

• RyanO
    • 4 posts
    July 11, 2016 10:10 PM EDT

The best were Mad Max, Star Wars, The Avengers and Inside Out.

• Jeff_Wincott
    • 93 posts
    July 12, 2016 12:45 AM EDT

I love your top ten list, all are first rate films but I would have to work "Sicario" and "Creed" there some way or the other and would remove  "Ex Machina" and "Spotlight" and that is not because they are not good films.

• Orin
    • 6 posts
    July 12, 2016 2:14 PM EDT

Mad Max far and away followed by Star Wars and The Avengers. As you see I like action none of this Spotlight stuff, shine it elsewhere.

• Eric02
    • 7 posts
    July 12, 2016 11:27 PM EDT

Mad Max, Star Wars and Avengers for me also, seems these 3 for most boys.

• Klattuu
    • 152 posts
    July 13, 2016 12:17 AM EDT

A good top ten list, I love the action of Mad Max and Star Wars but my number one would be "Carol", I would also have "The Assasin" in my top ten list.

• Summer
    • 13 posts
    July 13, 2016 12:03 PM EDT
    For 2015 I liked Room,  Carol and Inside Out my first pick. 
  • DanielR
    • 2 posts
    July 14, 2016 4:47 PM EDT

Mine was Mad Max and Star Wars to name my top 2. The it would be The Avengers and the worst was Pixels.

This post was edited by DanielR at July 14, 2016 4:48 PM EDT
  • Lilly Marlene
    • 8 posts
    July 14, 2016 9:12 PM EDT

Inside Out was my definite fav movie of 2015, I just loved that movie.

• Lukas
    • 33 posts
    July 15, 2016 4:07 PM EDT

Mad Max: Fury Road was crazy it was the best movie of 2015, followed by Star Wars.

• Walton
    • 13 posts
    July 16, 2016 11:18 AM EDT

My Favs are Mad Max: Fury Road,  Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: The Force Awakens and TheHateful Eight.

The worst, Pixels, Vacation, Hot rsuit and Fantastic Four.

• Rog
    Rog
    • 21 posts
    July 16, 2016 10:49 PM EDT

Mad Max and Star Wars for me also along with The Avengers, those 3 seem to be the pick of most teens.

• Film_Fan
    • 53 posts
    July 16, 2016 11:35 PM EDT

I don’t see “Sicario” in your top ten or even honorable mention; I need to know your thoughts on this exceptional if brutal thriller about the Mexican drug trade.

This is one of those movies where I could not take my eyes off the screen; it is one of those where you hold off on any bathroom breaks.

The direction by Denis Villeneuve is superb, the fil is so tightly wound and yes there are some faults with the script but this move keeps you on the edge of your seat.

The acting by Del Toro, Blunt and Brolin is top notch but one of the real stars of this movie is Roger Deakins cinematography, I do not hold anything against The Revenant winning here but the work in this film was outstanding.

I love Mad Max and the rest but Sicario is the best film of 2016.

OmahaTrevor85 said:

Okay. This is a bit late but I was able to see enough to finally make my list. Here I go with my Top 10 of the past year:

1. The Big Short-A movie that will have you  laughing but also have you outraged with the US Mortgage system at the same time.
    2. Mad Max: Fury Road- It's not simply an action movie. It's a movie that takes you to another world with intriguing characters. And a heroine that steals the show from Mad Max.
    3. The Revenant- A mix of action and mystery. Very intense drama.
    4. Ex Machina- 14 years after A.I.:Artificial Inteligence, we have a movie that does a drama of human interation with robots on a more intense level. As well as a surprise ending.
    5. Bridge Of Spies- The Cold War wasn't a violent war. Nevertheless the film did capture the intensity of the times and the drama of the Cold War. As well as a prisoner who steals the show from Tom Hanks.
    6. Spotlight- It's one thing to make a film about child sexual abuse watchable. Actually it was more about getting the story to the presses. Reminds us of the days of research before Google search and Wikipedia.
    7. Straight Outta Compton- Possibly the best musicography film I have seen in years. Of how five men changed rap and the music industry forever, and fell just as instantly as they rose.
    8. Room- It's the child Jack that most makes this story of a difficult topic watchable. It's a reminder of the spirit of love and hope in even some of the nastiest times.
    9. Carol- In a year when same-sex marriage is fully legalized in all 50 states, this love story of two women is a reminder of what they had to overcome those many decades ago.
    10. Inside Out- This film is a reminder that Pixar still leads the pack in terms of top notch animated movies.

HONORABLE MENTION:

• Love and Mercy- This year's second-best musicography. Helps you get to know the Beach Boys more, especially of Brian Wilson.
    • The Hateful Eight- At first I was afraid this would be another Tarantino revenge movie but this was something different. Its quality is keeping the intensity mostly in one single place. You knew haign eight people with animousity to each other would have all hell breaking loose. It's just a question of when.
    • Star Wars: The Force Awakens- It was a long time coming but J.J. Abrams brings Star Wars back and the spirit of the story. Not to mention gets the actors acting.
    • Brooklyn- A love story that keeps the drama of the two different worlds Eilis lives in.
    • The Martian- Okay, it does have a lot of cheesy moments but it does make for an entertaining movie.

OTHER BESTS:

• Best Animated Feature: Inside Out- Unanimous pick.
    • Best Sci-Fi Film: Mad Max: Fury Road- Sure, Star Wars was great but Mad Max was something else.
    • Best Foreign-Language Film: Saul (Hungary)- what makes this Holocaust drama unique is its method of follow-around cinematography in its storytelling.
    • Best Popcorn Movie: Star Wars: The Force Awakens- Delievers everything you demand out of a popcorn movie. And the first Star Wars movie since Return Of The Jedi that doesn't disappoint.
    • Best Superhero Movie: The Avengers: Age Of Ultron- Simply put, the Avengers do it again.
    • Worst Movie Of The Year: Vacation- An insult to fans of the Vacation series. Mean-spirited punch-below the-belt humor, a Rusty Griswold that'sstupider than Clark ever was and just awful stock-acting from Ed Helms. Hey, at least The Fantastic Four was watchable.

And there you go. My thoughts for 2015's best.

• $NavyBoy$
    • 49 posts
    July 17, 2016 1:38 AM EDT

@Film Fan, yes Sicario is awesome but a little too much for the kiddies.

• Broderick
    • 10 posts
    July 17, 2016 11:58 AM EDT

Mad Max: Fury Road was the best hands down..what a ride.

• Jeffrey007
    • 43 posts
    July 19, 2016 12:54 AM EDT
    Another fine list by Trevor, all excellent movies but I agree with you Jeff there is a place on my top ten list for "Sicario" it was one of the bext movies of 2015 in many ways.
    Jeff_Wincott said:

I love your top ten list, all are first rate films but I would have to work "Sicario" and "Creed" there some way or the other and would remove  "Ex Machina" and "Spotlight" and that is not because they are not good films.

• Riley
    • 34 posts
    July 19, 2016 10:55 AM EDT

Oh my fav was Mad Max and then Star Wars, those are two awesome movies, so if I add my thrd it would be Jurassic World.

This post was edited by Riley at July 19, 2016 10:57 AM EDT
  • RobG
    • 7 posts
    July 20, 2016 1:12 PM EDT

Mad Max and Star Wars rock.