Forums » Celebs

Hello Hollywood, nobody is watching.

• Jeff_Wincott
    • 93 posts
    September 19, 2017 12:01 PM EDT

I can’t remember the last time I watched one of those big glitzy award shows, I remember when I was younger I could not wait to prop down in front of the TV for presentation shows the Oscars, The Emmys and Grammys.

Now for many years I could care less, I might check later to see who won and that are the end of that, the shows of many years ago were glitzy and you got a chance to see your favorite stars and in the case of the Grammys see some performances.

These days the awards shows are first empty and void of any entertainment value and the next there are just simply too many, as in the case of music you have Billboard’s MTV and so on.

The next but biggest turn off are these fat cats expressing their political views which in almost all case lean to the extreme far left? Now I could care less for politics or any particular party but message to these fats cats get on stage accept your award say a few thanks and shut the hell up.

• JeffJones
    • 84 posts
    September 19, 2017 2:08 PM EDT

I agree, watching old tapes of the Oscars that was a show, respectful and good entertainment, another thing you fail to mention they just are not funny.

Those on stage think it is but it is not, the ordinary people most I would say are fed yup with the hypocrisy of these A listers all talk and nothing to show, no substances at all.

They have a lot of money that is about it, I prefer child and teen stars to these self centered so call A Listers.

• Misty Blue
    • 2 posts
    September 19, 2017 4:16 PM EDT

I never watch those, so boring I have tried before but not for me.

• OmahaTrevor85
    • 121 posts
    September 19, 2017 9:20 PM EDT
    I have to agree with you. I saw the headling: Emmy's lowest ratings ever! Ratings down 10%
    The biggest reason why I watch the Oscars is to see how my predictions turned out, and of course for parties. But agree that the Awards shows are less enteratining now. Including the hosts. I've even grown tired of the MTV Video Music Awards! They were never boring in the past. Now they're a dud.
    Jeff_Wincott said:

I can’t remember the last time I watched one of those big glitzy award shows, I remember when I was younger I could not wait to prop down in front of the TV for presentation shows the Oscars, The Emmys and Grammys.

Now for many years I could care less, I might check later to see who won and that are the end of that, the shows of many years ago were glitzy and you got a chance to see your favorite stars and in the case of the Grammys see some performances.

These days the awards shows are first empty and void of any entertainment value and the next there are just simply too many, as in the case of music you have Billboard’s MTV and so on.

The next but biggest turn off are these fat cats expressing their political views which in almost all case lean to the extreme far left? Now I could care less for politics or any particular party but message to these fats cats get on stage accept your award say a few thanks and shut the hell up.

• OmahaTrevor85
    • 121 posts
    September 19, 2017 9:22 PM EDT
    I agree. They're unentertaining and full of themselves.
    Thanks for reminding me of why I have appreciation for young actors. Because they're better at being class acts. Except for Disney Channel kids, a single young actor has more class than the whole Kardashian family!
    JeffJones said:

I agree, watching old tapes of the Oscars that was a show, respectful and good entertainment, another thing you fail to mention they just are not funny.

Those on stage think it is but it is not, the ordinary people most I would say are fed yup with the hypocrisy of these A listers all talk and nothing to show, no substances at all.

They have a lot of money that is about it, I prefer child and teen stars to these self centered so call A Listers.

• Jack_Flash
    • 10 posts
    September 19, 2017 10:53 PM EDT

Nope, do not watch them, waste of time watching those 1%, I wil watch their movies not their award crap.

• Darth Maul
    • 35 posts
    September 19, 2017 11:39 PM EDT

All I have to say about Hollywood, I will let Public Enemy say it for me "Burn Hollywood Burn" feel me? and not movies I like movies and not child and teen actors see this site is about them it is about like it says those A Lister phonies who make a gazilion bones for saying a few lines and play acting, most dont even do the real hard work the stunts you know, props to my man Tom Cruise for this.

So many of them just so phony with thir expesive desinger shitz and cars, they talk like they care about peole suffering and stuff you know but they do a few token things. They weear their 10,000 jewelery while kids starve.

They cant take it with them see, and no pay acting on the other side, so they live it up they dusty as all hell save for a few.

• Shawn
    • 41 posts
    September 20, 2017 9:16 AM EDT
    LOL you are an angry teen Darth Maul.
    Darth Maul said:

All I have to say about Hollywood, I will let Public Enemy say it for me "Burn Hollywood Burn" feel me? and not movies I like movies and not child and teen actors see this site is about them it is about like it says those A Lister phonies who make a gazilion bones for saying a few lines and play acting, most dont even do the real hard work the stunts you know, props to my man Tom Cruise for this.

So many of them just so phony with thir expesive desinger shitz and cars, they talk like they care about peole suffering and stuff you know but they do a few token things. They weear their 10,000 jewelery while kids starve.

They cant take it with them see, and no pay acting on the other side, so they live it up they dusty as all hell save for a few.

• Jazzy_Jeff
    • 15 posts
    September 21, 2017 6:33 PM EDT

Kids don't care about these, they are a bore but I would watch the Young Artist Awards if they broadcast it or The Joey, that one with teens where they give you a surf borad is so stupid I mean a surf board?

• Missthing
    • 16 posts
    September 23, 2017 10:15 PM EDT

I never watch, don't care I just watch movies, dont care who is best actor, just dont care. lol

• Lukas
    • 33 posts
    October 12, 2017 11:30 AM EDT

I don't watch but I see clips or read topics and yes they all seem to feel it is cool to rip into a President if he is not a Democrat because all of Hollywood seem to be Liberals.

Take your award and shut up you 1% fat cats, you live off fans who if they stop watching they dont get made and you dont live in luxury. Rich smug *******