Forums » Movies

1980s Movies Every Kid Should See

• Schoop
    • 4 posts
    August 6, 2018 12:00 AM EDT

I don't really watch many 1980's movies but I do like E.T, who knows I might have watched movies and don't realized they are from the 80'sw cause I have watched lots of old DVD's and seen older movies on Netflix.

• MariaD
    • 17 posts
    August 6, 2018 2:34 PM EDT

I like The Breakfast Club, Stand by Me, E.T and like another person said I might have seen some movies that I did not even know when they were made I don't normally check for when a movie was made. lol

I also like the slashers but they all seem to have nudity and stuff.

• New Kid
    • 4 posts
    August 6, 2018 2:51 PM EDT

Back to the Future and Raiders of the Lost Ark, best movies to me form 80's but also I have not seen many. lol

• Earlene
    • 6 posts
    August 6, 2018 10:06 PM EDT

I don't really watch a lot of older movies mostly just recent stuff so I don't know.

• Stunna
    • 4 posts
    August 7, 2018 2:40 PM EDT

My dad has tons of 80's movies on DVD so I have seen a ton and some of my favourites are, D.A.R.Y.L, Raiders of the Lost Ark (Fav movie Ever), Explorers, Flight of the Navigator, The Goonies and tons more like License to Drive, Sixteen Candles, Fast Times at Ridgemount High.

• Tristan
    • 36 posts
    August 7, 2018 9:48 PM EDT

Back to the Future and Raiders of the Lost Ark best 80's movies and best of all time.

• Tom Frank
    • 1 posts
    August 8, 2018 4:59 PM EDT

I mostly watch newer movies I have to admit, I might have seen some movies form 80's that I had no idea they were 80's movies, I have seen the Friday 13th Movies.

• Leandro
    • 7 posts
    August 9, 2018 2:02 PM EDT

Lots of good movies from the 80's, I love Raiders of the Lost Ark and Back to the Future, those are my two favs.

• Deliah
    • 6 posts
    August 10, 2018 2:05 PM EDT

I like this movie with Tom Hanks by the name of "Big" such an awesome movie, I also liked "Uncle Buck" and "The Karate Kid."

• Sawyer
    • 3 posts
    August 11, 2018 8:02 AM EDT

I don't think I have seen any 80's movie besides Raiders of the Lost Ark, I might have but I am not sure. I have not seen this D.A.R.Y.L or Neverending Story everyone is talking about.

• PuppyLuv
    • 2 posts
    August 12, 2018 12:24 PM EDT

I love the 80's slashers. but why they must all have nudity.

• Adrienne
    • 7 posts
    August 12, 2018 10:01 PM EDT

Stand by Me, The Breakfast Club and Sixteen Candles and all the Friday 13th movies.

• SarahJ
    • 2 posts
    August 13, 2018 10:59 AM EDT

I love "Mischief" (1985) it is so funny and Doug McKeon is so cute, I watch this movie so many times and lol each time.

I think you all should check it out here is a description from IMDB.

[In 1956, the shy Jonathan's luck with girls changes when he wins the rebellious Gene as a friend in his last year of high school. Gene is adored by many girls and manages to teach Jonathan a few lessons. Gene himself would rather just be with one girl: his girlfriend Bunny. However, since his father is poor, her parents don't accept him.]

• Walton
    • 13 posts
    August 13, 2018 3:54 PM EDT
    I have seen that movie, it is very funny.
    SarahJ said:

I love "Mischief" (1985) it is so funny and Doug McKeon is so cute, I watch this movie so many times and lol each time.

I think you all should check it out here is a description from IMDB.

[In 1956, the shy Jonathan's luck with girls changes when he wins the rebellious Gene as a friend in his last year of high school. Gene is adored by many girls and manages to teach Jonathan a few lessons. Gene himself would rather just be with one girl: his girlfriend Bunny. However, since his father is poor, her parents don't accept him.]

• Eldon
    • 15 posts
    August 13, 2018 6:21 PM EDT

The Lost Boys, not just one of the best of the 80's nut one of the best all time.

• Shemeka Coates
    • 4 posts
    August 14, 2018 12:11 AM EDT

Nothing beats The Breakfast Club.

• TheShadow
    • 23 posts
    August 14, 2018 12:49 PM EDT

The best movies from then are D.A.R.Y.L, Explorers and Flight of the Navigator, thos emovies are so old tho.

• Darth Maul
    • 35 posts
    August 14, 2018 1:48 PM EDT

The best movie of the 80's is "The Lost Boys," just awesome I watch it a few times each year. , another awesome vampire movie from the 80's is "Near Dark."

• Nasru
    • 21 posts
    August 15, 2018 9:16 AM EDT

I like the movie Back to the Future.

• Lynnette
    • 2 posts
    August 15, 2018 3:53 PM EDT

I love Sixteen Candles and The Breakfast Club plus all Friday the 13th slashers. cx

• iluvCB
    • 8 posts
    August 15, 2018 10:31 PM EDT

I can't say I have seen many 80's movies, tho I might have seen some and did not realize. lol

• Altair
    • 9 posts
    August 16, 2018 9:56 AM EDT

Cool movies from 80's I like are War Games, Flight of the Navigator, Explorers and a real fav from the end of the 80's 1989's The Wizard. The wizard is a very cool movie and about gaming so course, I love it.

Serious if you need a movie to watch check it out.

• TheProtector
    • 27 posts
    August 16, 2018 10:30 PM EDT

Kid meaning like a pre-teen or kids and teenagers? I think any 80's movie that kids should watch is E.T.

• MateoG
    • 6 posts
    August 18, 2018 10:27 AM EDT

I have D.A.R.Y.L and The NeverEnding Story videos, I love those movies they are of the 80's.

• Andrew
    • 7 posts
    August 18, 2018 6:39 PM EDT

My fav 80's movie is Back to the Future, a great movie for all ages.