Forums » Movies

RoboCop Remake

• Klattuu
    • 152 posts
    August 30, 2012 2:24 PM EDT

So next up on the remake table is RoboCop, I am sick and tired of remakes and a high percentage of the time the remake is inferior.

The only thing most remakes have to offer in SFX laden films is the new updated technology and that is it. We need some original ideas get some new blood in tinsel town to come up with original ideas and stop this endless parade of remade movies.

• Jeffrey007
    • 43 posts
    August 31, 2012 8:02 PM EDT
    Hollywood is out of ideas my freind, there will be an endless parade of remakes and movie versions of old TV shows. *YAWN*
  • September 3, 2012 4:34 PM EDT
    the movie industry wont invest anymore in original new movies cause we keep on downloading them.
    thats my opinion about the remake wave.

sometimes an original idea comes along like Cabin in the woods or Abraham Lincoln:Vampire Hunter.
    but most of the time they take an old script from the archive,call a few known actors,give a little twist on the story and there you have a new old movie that make money again.
  • Film_Fan
    • 53 posts
    September 3, 2012 5:03 PM EDT

Rubbish, because people are downloading them???? how funny despite  people  downloading movies they are still grossing obscene amounts of money. The Avengers to date has grossed $619,545,000, The Dark Knight Rises $431,196,000 and on and on and on bluray and DVD they will make millions more so please do not tell me that movie makers are doing remakes because people download movies..absolute rubbish.

David said:
    the movie industry wont invest anymore in original new movies cause we keep on downloading them. thats my opinion about the remake wave. sometimes an original idea comes along like Cabin in the woods or Abraham Lincoln:Vampire Hunter. but most of the time they take an old script from the archive,call a few known actors,give a little twist on the story and there you have a new old movie that make money again.

• Garyiscool
    • 69 posts
    September 3, 2012 5:06 PM EDT
    Guess your name is not FILM_FAN for no reason you just rip holes in his theory the size of a football field lol..Movie grosses are sky high last few years what a load to claim original ideas are gone from Hollywood cause of downloaders. LMAO. hahahahahaha LMAO.
  • September 3, 2012 5:13 PM EDT

youre maybe right but movies made out of comics are not original.

also known story's.

but one day they will make original NEW films again

John (Film_Fan) said:

Rubbish, because people are downloading them???? how funny despite  people  downloading movies they are still grossing obscene amounts of money. The Avengers to date has grossed $619,545,000, The Dark Knight Rises $431,196,000 and on and on and on bluray and DVD they will make millions more so please do not tell me that movie makers are doing remakes because people download movies..absolute rubbish.

David said:
    the movie industry wont invest anymore in original new movies cause we keep on downloading them. thats my opinion about the remake wave. sometimes an original idea comes along like Cabin in the woods or Abraham Lincoln:Vampire Hunter. but most of the time they take an old script from the archive,call a few known actors,give a little twist on the story and there you have a new old movie that make money again.

• Film_Fan
    • 53 posts
    September 3, 2012 5:20 PM EDT
    No I don't think so they are out of ideas, all movies now are remakes even when they are not official remakes they use previous ideas and premises. I can watch 10 movies now and they remind me of other films in their ideas, story-line and many other factors.