Forums » TSO General Stars

Skai Jackson in new TV Movie

• Caroline
    • 3 posts
    April 23, 2013 11:01 AM EDT

Skai will be starring soon in a new made for TV movie The Watson’s Go To Birmingham, it is based on historical fiction book by Christopher Paul Curtis. Awesome to see Skai in a more serious role as it will be during the civil rights movement and segregation etc..so congrats to Skai and it will start filming in Atlanta. 

Here is some info on the book from wiki

(The Watsons Go to Birmingham – 1963 is a historical fiction book by Christopher Paul Curtis, written in 1995, and republished in 1997. It is about an African American family living in the town of Flint, Michigan which goes to their grandmother's home in Birmingham, Alabama in 1963. The book was Curtis' first novel, and it received a Newbery Honor, the Coretta Scott King Award, and the Golden Kite Award. He is the author of the Newbery Award winner Bud, Not Buddy.[1][2] The book includes the 1963 16th Street Baptist Church bombing in Birmingham, a critical catalyst of the American civil rights movement.)

Also on Skai as you know Jessie has been renewed for a third season.

• TheShadow
    • 23 posts
    April 23, 2013 3:46 PM EDT

She also has a small part on Gi Joe Retaliation so awesome the movie has not started filming so far?

I wonder how she will do not being Zuri. lol

• Rachel
    • 83 posts
    April 23, 2013 4:12 PM EDT

Cool congrats to Skai jackson, thanks for sharing the news.

• Kaitiexoxox
    • 5 posts
    April 24, 2013 11:48 AM EDT

Congrats to Skai, yes it will be awesome to see her in something diff that Jessie.

Here is a pic of how she looks for the movie.

http://www.teenstarsonline.com/groups/photo/view/group_id/13/photo_id/564

Also Join my Skai Jackson fan Club.

http://www.teenstarsonline.com/group/13 src="http://www.teenstarsonline.com/groups/photo/view/group_id/13/photo_id/564" alt="">

This post was edited by Kaitiexoxox at April 24, 2013 11:49 AM EDT
  • Chris Kross
    • 37 posts
    April 24, 2013 3:07 PM EDT

I have read that book, if the movie follows it closely and it is well made should be a good film.

• Keesha
    • 21 posts
    April 25, 2013 10:54 PM EDT

Oh cool, I did not know about this, awesome news then I wonder how she wil do?

• Cams_Fan
    • 7 posts
    April 26, 2013 10:50 PM EDT

I read that book for a project also, wow I cant wait to see the movie version of it.

• Mellisa A
    • 20 posts
    April 28, 2013 1:26 AM EDT

Very good news, I am sure now she has better material to work with, I mean nothing against fans of Jessie but it is horrible.

• Glamour_Girl
    • 13 posts
    April 28, 2013 11:09 AM EDT
    I have read the book, it is far better material than Jessie which seems to have been written the day it is shot. I agree Jessie is not going to win any type of awards unless it is for being bad but hey it is very popular and Fisney is raking the cash on inferior products.

Mellisa A said:

Very good news, I am sure now she has better material to work with, I mean nothing against fans of Jessie but it is horrible.

• CB_Fan
    • 6 posts
    April 28, 2013 11:37 AM EDT

Stop hatin Mellisa and Glamour Girl, Jessie is awesome.

• April 28, 2013 11:40 AM EDT
    Mellisa A said:

kudos to that...disney is so over the top

• Front_Row_Center
    • 68 posts
    April 28, 2013 11:53 AM EDT

Please do not get me going on Disney, Walt must be spinning in his grave after the quality entertainment his company produced compared to the drivel that is thrown out now. Well maybe it is not fair since I am in college and its show seems to be aimed at toddlers but they are such awful shows in every way you can see, writing, directing I mean you name it. The fact that they are so popular is a damning testimony to what passes as entertainment these days.

• $NavyBoy$
    • 49 posts
    May 1, 2013 5:04 PM EDT

This is no time for Disney bashing, this topic is about Skai Jackson getting a role in a T%V movie that has nothing to do with Dieny, and I have also read that book and it is a very good story that needs to be seen based on a dark time in US history on race relations.

This post was edited by $NavyBoy$ at May 1, 2013 5:05 PM EDT
  • One_Love
    • 5 posts
    May 2, 2013 4:34 PM EDT

Cool, good for Skai I will watch it for sure.

• Kate.A
    • 5 posts
    May 7, 2013 9:06 PM EDT

Awesome that Skai is going to be in a TV movie, I haven't read the book but maybe now I might look it up.

I also agree this is Skai topic not for bashing Disney shows you dont like.

• Star Gazer
    • 1 posts
    May 10, 2013 10:20 PM EDT

Awesome, I cant wait to see Skai's acting in this movie, I mean I like Jessie but lets face it the show is silly.

• Cams_Fan
    • 7 posts
    May 11, 2013 1:55 AM EDT

Front Row Center we all have heard your anti Disney rants, the programming is not aimed at a college person like you it is aimed at kids, pre-teens..early teens, families...you know.

Front_Row_Center said:

Please do not get me going on Disney, Walt must be spinning in his grave after the quality entertainment his company produced compared to the drivel that is thrown out now. Well maybe it is not fair since I am in college and its show seems to be aimed at toddlers but they are such awful shows in every way you can see, writing, directing I mean you name it. The fact that they are so popular is a damning testimony to what passes as entertainment these days.

• ChristieLuv
    • 4 posts
    May 13, 2013 2:18 PM EDT

Read that book for a school project, the movie should be good but yea in those times there was lots of racism so it is all in the book and kinda depressing if you ask me.

• Valley Girl
    • 2 posts
    May 13, 2013 10:13 PM EDT
    I just think it is funny that you a fan of Lab Rats saying Jessie is a silly show. lol and what is Lab Rats an Emmy Winning show. lol

Tyrel_Rocks said:

Awesome, I cant wait to see Skai's acting in this movie, I mean I like Jessie but lets face it the show is silly.

• PowderPuffGirl
    • 3 posts
    May 25, 2013 4:29 PM EDT

This movie will be a better chance for Skai to show her acting ability, being on "Jessie" requires no such thing as acting ability....just dumb jokes to canned laughter.

This post was edited by PowderPuffGirl at May 25, 2013 4:29 PM EDT
  • Calendar Girl
    • 4 posts
    May 28, 2013 4:34 PM EDT

I have also read this book it is all about civil rights in the 60's and stuff.

It will be awesome if it follows the book al the way, oh congrats to Skai she will be swesome I am sure.

• O\u043f\u0456\u043a\u0443\u043d
    • 71 posts
    May 29, 2013 10:59 AM EDT

Too many say oh Jessie requires no acting etc, well sure it does and the show is for younger people so any older people that watch it should look at it knowing that and just enjoy.