Forums » General Teen Stars

Young Artist Awards nominees

• OmahaTrevor
    • 109 posts
    April 3, 2012 3:44 PM EDT

Interesting that they're holding them later in the year. The nominees were just announced Monday: http://www.youngartistawards.org/noms33.html

• Jon_Brit
    • 33 posts
    April 3, 2012 3:47 PM EDT
    Ah thanks for that mate.
  • Chris Kross
    • 37 posts
    April 3, 2012 3:50 PM EDT
    Thanks Trevor, going to check it now see how many of our TSO made a nom.
  • O\u043f\u0456\u043a\u0443\u043d
    • 71 posts
    April 12, 2012 11:21 AM EDT
    I hope next year we see Brandon adn Christian being nominated for Smitty and The Child.
    OmahaTrevor said:

Interesting that they're holding them later in the year. The nominees were just announced Monday: http://www.youngartistawards.org/noms33.html

/>
  • OmahaTrevor
    • 109 posts
    April 25, 2012 3:40 PM EDT
    Chris Kross said:

A lot were. Some were left out, like Thomas Horn and Robbie Kay. They also left out some other good ones too like Hunter McCracken in The Tree Of Life. I'll never understand awards shows.

• O\u043f\u0456\u043a\u0443\u043d
    • 71 posts
    April 26, 2012 11:32 AM EDT
    Yes I thought Thomas Horn would be a sure nomination and maybe even the winner. He got great reciews for his acting.
  • ShortStop
    • 43 posts
    May 10, 2012 4:12 PM EDT

They don't get it right too often from what I have read.

OmahaTrevor said:

Chris Kross said:

A lot were. Some were left out, like Thomas Horn and Robbie Kay. They also left out some other good ones too like Hunter McCracken in The Tree Of Life. I'll never understand awards shows.

• OmahaTrevor
    • 109 posts
    May 11, 2012 3:47 PM EDT
    ShortStop said:

They don't get it right too often from what I have read.

OmahaTrevor said:

Chris Kross said:

An Awards show is an awards show. Even now some might question the choice of winners. Like I never saw Dakota Goyo inReal Steel but I wonder how he beat out Asa and Joel Courtney. Some might even question Chloe winning over Elle Fanning. One thing I learned is that the YAA's don't owe anyone any favors. I remember five years ago the Oscar-nominted performance of Saoirse in Atonement lost to AnnaSophia in Brdge To Terabithia. Also Freddie Highmore never won an individual Young Artist Award. Does get you thinking.

Another thing too is I think there should be an award for acting on Youtube videos. I even feel the kids from Kids React deserve an award. :-D

This post was edited by OmahaTrevor at May 11, 2012 3:49 PM EDT
  • Klattuu
    • 152 posts
    May 15, 2012 4:48 PM EDT
    Well I am sure the kids are thrill to get it but you do have to question some of the decisions and the wining process is not transparent enough it seems there is no real criteria you can put your hand on that gets a star the hardware. And too many top notch performances are not even submitted I mean Kodi Smit McPhee in "The Road" a fwew years back that should have been a lock.