Forums » TV Shows

'Walking Dead'- Kids Shouldn't Watch Season 5

• Sofine
    • 66 posts
    October 13, 2014 8:53 PM EDT

The brutal violence of The Walking Dead, if this was a movie it would be rated not for kids for sure. Cable thinks they can do just about anything and they can as they don’t have the restrictions of Network TV like ABC. So there seems to be no limit in sex, violence and language.
    There is no doubt many kids of all ages watch this show but after season 5 premiere and the shocking brutality of the first 5 minutes of the show there is no doubt this season is taken it to another level.
    I was shocked by the sudden brutality, not saying I didn’t watch it I love the show but I was shocked and turned off.
    I am a teen but honest to God young kid should not be watching this show, this is what the composer of the theme of the show tweeted out before the premiere.
    ("Do not let children watch @WalkingDead_AMC tonight. Or ever again. I'm very serious,")
    That tells a lot read more @ The Hollywood Reporter.

• Tristan
    • 36 posts
    October 13, 2014 10:38 PM EDT

Yea dude it was disgusting but I loved every minute of it.

• Skater_TJ
    • 90 posts
    October 14, 2014 1:33 AM EDT

I wonder when the composer said kids what ages? I mean I think kids under 13 for sure and some may argue not even my age.

So does he mean under 18? that would say I should not be watching, yea that scene was ugly and maybe not needed could have been done off camera, did we need to see that? Zombies getting heads smashed is a bit diff but doing that to people?

This post was edited by Skater_TJ at October 14, 2014 11:44 AM EDT
  • Front_Row_Center
    • 68 posts
    October 14, 2014 11:36 AM EDT

The scene was there simply to shock the audience, there are people that eat that stuff up and this commenter is not one I can take it or leave it and I did squirm.
    The Walking Dead is a graphic show it takes part in a time where it is survival of the fittest, so don’t blame the show. I however think kids the bare min 12 and under should not be watching the show and if they do the parents need their head examined but it is none of my biz when it all boils down.

[blockquote]Skater_TJ said:

I wonder when the composer said kids what ages? I mean I think kids under 13 for sure and some may argue not even my age.

So does he mean under 18? that would say I should not be watching, yea that scene was ugly and maybe not needed could have been done off camera, did we  need to see that? Zombies getting heads smashed is a bit diff but doing that to people?

[/blockquote]

This post was edited by Front_Row_Center at October 14, 2014 11:38 AM EDT
  • OG John
    • 86 posts
    October 14, 2014 1:53 PM EDT

I bet most kids have a TV in their room, parents dont even know what they watrching. They think little Johnny watching TreeHouse TV and they watching playboy.

Think they watching Arthur and they watching beheadings on TWD.

• Kate.A
    • 5 posts
    October 14, 2014 4:32 PM EDT

ugh, that show is disgusting.

• Jeff_Wincott
    • 93 posts
    October 14, 2014 5:57 PM EDT

Shame on AMC for the barbarism, the news is filled lately with beheadings by the sub-human IS group and AMC greets a nation of kids watching with such a graphic act of violence.

• Klattuu
    • 152 posts
    October 14, 2014 8:26 PM EDT

In short ABSOLUTELY not!!! the episode was TOO graphic, you need to leave something for the viewers imagination. I am a die hard fan of the show but that was a bit too much even for me and those of you that was not shocked and repelled by the scens in the first 5 minutes well seek some help now.I feel sorry for any young kids that was watching this, they had no way to be prepared for the sudden and needless brutality, could easily have been done off camera. Bash away I can take it.

• Klattuu
    • 152 posts
    October 14, 2014 8:27 PM EDT

Let me add that even Norman Redus (Daryl) said he was shocked that all of it made it to the air.

• ShortStop
    • 43 posts
    October 14, 2014 9:00 PM EDT

That was nasty man, was in my head all rest of show couldnt enjoy it. Even doing that to Pigs that is nasty stuff.

• Lone
    • 15 posts
    October 14, 2014 9:15 PM EDT

Is TWD still on? I stop watching that crap after season 2, The Strain rules.

• Emo Boy
    • 15 posts
    October 14, 2014 9:27 PM EDT

What is disgusting is sitting down and watching Disney, you keep loving Cameron Boyce and go get out your lame "Grown Ups" DVD and keep tuning in to the even lamer "Jessie" on The Deadney Channel.

[blockquote]Kate.A said:

[/blockquote]

• Emo Boy
    • 15 posts
    October 14, 2014 9:28 PM EDT

Truth be said tho yes that shocked the hell out of me, so I guess that is what they wanted. A few thousand kids are now in therapy but all is good.

• Jeffrey007
    • 43 posts
    October 14, 2014 11:57 PM EDT

What a contrast to season four premiere with farmer Rick tilling the land to the tune of Precious memories. I agree it was a bit too much as in graphic.

• Sofine
    • 66 posts
    October 17, 2014 8:23 PM EDT

Yes it was a brutal scene, the whole few minutes was kind of sickening, humans like cattle in a alsugter house the guy on the table just plin sick. I love the show I did not like those scenes, the fighting smahing Zombies I can deal with that.

• Rishi
    • 4 posts
    October 17, 2014 9:24 PM EDT

I am not allowed to watch this show, my mom said this is not for kids.

• KidIce
    • 6 posts
    October 19, 2014 2:21 PM EDT

If you dont like it keep tuning there should be something to your taset on one if the Disney's or Nick. Kids mean like maybe 11 and under deoending on the kid 12 and up can handle the show but I agree the start was a bit over the top I was like wtf?

[blockquote]Kate.A said:

[/blockquote]

• O\u043f\u0456\u043a\u0443\u043d
    • 71 posts
    October 19, 2014 2:33 PM EDT

I don’t like the promotion of inappropriate material to kids and this includes TWD and Assassins Video Game. Thank You.

• Altair
    • 9 posts
    October 19, 2014 8:41 PM EDT

In about 20 mins I will be watching ep 2, if you dont like it dont tune in. The show rocks.

• Emo Boy
    • 15 posts
    October 28, 2014 9:33 PM EDT

Another choppin episode of The Walking Dead on Sunday dudes, hope all you crying out for the violence on the premiere are now switched to Three's Company on TV Land. This aint Kansas Dorothy.

• Jeff_Wincott
    • 93 posts
    November 8, 2014 2:39 PM EST

If this was a movie released it would be NC17 so no kids should be on Disney XD not AMC on Sunday nights.

• JeffJones
    • 84 posts
    November 9, 2014 11:22 PM EST

It depends, I believe kids 13 and up can handle the content of the show, maybe even some 12 year old but I would be need some convincing that it is ok for kids 12 and under.