Forums » Movies

Tears of the Sun

• $NavyBoy$
    • 49 posts
    November 15, 2014 12:25 AM EST

Tears of the Sun is director Antoine Fuqua’s follow up to 2001’s gritty Training day, it has a cast led by Bruce Willis and Monica Bellucci and both are brilliant as is the entire cast.
    In the film a Special-Ops commander (Bruce Willis) leads a team into the jungle of Nigeria to rescue and America Doctor who is trapped there. She refuses to go with them unless they decide to also rescue 70 refugees.
    This is one of my favorite films and one of Willis best performances displaying a tough as well as compassionate side. The movie while gritty and filled with action also has a strong moral theme attached to it. Which makes the films tagline (The only thing necessary for evil the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.) very appropriate.
    The movie is rated R for violence, brutality and some strong langue but if many here can enjoy The Walking Dead then give this powerful film with a strong moral message a try. We see tough Navy Seals show a compassionate side with the tough exterior.
    Four Stars all the way.

This post was edited by $NavyBoy$ at June 22, 2018 8:37 PM EDT
  • JeffJones
    • 84 posts
    November 15, 2014 9:58 PM EST

I agree "Tears of the Sun" is a solid action movie with a message, it is also one of my favs. Willis is good in this along with the cast as mentioned. The movie as gritty as it is packs and emotional wallop for sure. Solid direction by Antoine Fuqua, he is very underrated and has some good movies to his credit.

Good work Navy, good to see involvement on the site this way.

• Jeff_Wincott
    • 93 posts
    November 16, 2014 12:20 AM EST

I have not recommended Tears of the Sun to anyone that disliked it, for some reason many overloked this when first released. I agree it is a very good film and should be seen more widely.

• Sofine
    • 66 posts
    November 17, 2014 11:53 PM EST

I have seen this movie also and I like it, pretty good film.

• Justin R
    • 4 posts
    November 22, 2014 10:39 PM EST

It is an awesome movie I have the DVD and watch it som many times.

• Rog
    Rog
    • 21 posts
    June 22, 2018 8:37 PM EDT

I love that movie, great action and a very good story with good acting, if you have not seen it then do.