Forums » Movies

Call Me by Your Name - Hypocritical Hollywood

• Jeff_Wincott
    • 93 posts
    March 3, 2018 2:53 PM EST

Call Me by Your Name is the perfect example of the hypocrisy that exist in Hollywood, here they shower all types of accolades on a movie where and older man seduces a 17 year old boy.

Yes the same Hollywood that destroyed Kevin Spacey for basically the same thing, this is not an anti-gay rant because I have nothing at all against the LGBTQ community.

I do have nothing by contempt for the sicko liberal morality that exist in and around Hollywood, they can have the #Metoo movement all they like and then can’t contain themselves on how great and what a classic this movie is.

I absolutely hate to say this on a site like this but it has to be said because it is my opinion and I voice it all over. I will not be shocked that come Oscar day they gift this film with the best film Oscar. #Pathetic.

This post was edited by Jeff_Wincott at March 5, 2018 8:27 PM EST
  • Orin
    • 6 posts
    March 3, 2018 4:00 PM EST
    Jeff again your conservative speeches. :p
  • Jack_Flash
    • 10 posts
    March 3, 2018 9:06 PM EST

I guess you didn't like it.

• TheProtector
    • 27 posts
    March 3, 2018 10:38 PM EST

I had no idea that was what that movie was about, maybe now I might check it out when on vid.

• Klattuu
    • 152 posts
    March 3, 2018 11:36 PM EST

Yes there are some strict conservatives that are outraged about the main theme of the movie but that aside it is an excellent film. I am not going to get involved in any discussion that the 17 year old and 24 year old is inappropriate.

• Missthing
    • 16 posts
    March 4, 2018 1:44 PM EST

Does this mean you are anti-hollywood?

• Georgy Girl
    • 8 posts
    March 4, 2018 7:16 PM EST
    I agree with you if that is what the movie is about.
    Jeff_Wincott said:

Call Me by Your Name is the perfect example of the hypocrisy that exist in Hollywood, here they shower all types of accolades on a movie where and older man seduces a 17 year old boy.

Yes the same Hollywood that destroyed Kevin Spacey for basically the same thing, this is not an anti-gay rant because I have nothing at all against the LGBTQ community.

I do have nothing by contempt for the sicko liberal morality that exist in and around Hollywood, they can have the #Metoo movement all they like and then can’t contain themselves on how great and what a classic this movie is.

I absolutely hate to say this on a site like this but it has to be said because it is my opinion and I voice it all over. I will not be shocked that come Oscar day they gift this film with the best film Oscar. #Pathetic.

• Deliah
    • 6 posts
    March 5, 2018 2:03 PM EST

I agree with your post.

• Darth Maul
    • 35 posts
    March 5, 2018 8:35 PM EST

Well what you expect from a bunch of one percenter illuminati filth.

• Rog
    Rog
    • 21 posts
    May 12, 2018 1:32 PM EDT

So are you upset because it is a gay themed movie or you are upset about the ages of the two?

• Eldon
    • 15 posts
    May 14, 2018 10:01 PM EDT

All this now has me interested in seeing this movie, is it on Netflix? 

• Riley
    • 34 posts
    May 15, 2018 2:02 PM EDT

Relax, it is just art imitating life.

• OmahaTrevor85
    • 121 posts
    June 2, 2018 7:44 PM EDT
    Even if it seems hypocritical, don't forget there's been other controversial entertainment as such even in the past that went unnoticed. Bill Maher pointed that out in an example with a song from The Beatles: "Well she was just seventeen, if you know what I mean." By today's standards, lyrics like those are pretty Roy Moore-ish!
    Jeff_Wincott said:

• Earlene
    • 6 posts
    June 2, 2018 9:15 PM EDT

I actually saw and liked that movie as a teen girl I was surprised but I watched and liked.