Forums » Movies

1980s Movies Every Kid Should See

• Shawna
    • 5 posts
    August 19, 2018 10:42 PM EDT

I have not seen many but I do like E.T and the one Sixteen Candles and oh yea the "Friday the 13th" movies. cx

• Lanette
    • 7 posts
    August 20, 2018 6:13 PM EDT

I can't say I have seen many that I know of, I did see the ET movie and I like it.

• Emo Girl
    • 9 posts
    August 20, 2018 10:35 PM EDT

The Breakfast Club is very cool as is Sixteen Candles and Corey Haim in License to Drive, he as so cute. RIP

• Shay Cormac
    • 14 posts
    August 22, 2018 2:08 PM EDT

There is one 80's movie I am very hooked on it is called The Last Starfighter, I love this movie I am wearing it out with plays. lol

• TheProtector
    • 27 posts
    August 22, 2018 3:36 PM EDT
    The Last Starfighter is awesome Shay, it has quite a big cult following and I heard rumours it will be remade.
    Shay Cormac said

There is one 80's movie I am very hooked on it is called The Last Starfighter, I love this movie I am wearing it out with plays. lol

• Caroline
    • 3 posts
    August 23, 2018 2:08 PM EDT

Friday the 13th movies.

• Cameronator
    • 5 posts
    August 24, 2018 8:09 PM EDT

"Sixteen Candles" with Molly Ringwald and "Mischief" with Doug McKeon, those two movies are so funny I love them.

• Ginette
    • 7 posts
    August 25, 2018 10:19 PM EDT

I hardly ever watch movies that are that old but I have seen The Breakfast Club and that is from the 80's and it was good.

• Lilly Marlene
    • 8 posts
    August 26, 2018 6:55 PM EDT

I can't say I have seen a ton of 80's movies at all, just don't want older movies that much but I have seen Friday 13th movies I mean who has not.

• Darth Maul
    • 35 posts
    August 27, 2018 12:33 AM EDT

Like I said if you have not seen The Lost Boys you have not seen the best movie from the 80's.

• Juditka
    • 11 posts
    August 27, 2018 10:34 AM EDT

Thanks for the recommendations, I have seen on E.T from that list. sorry I don't watch many old movies.

• JeffOBrien
    • 11 posts
    August 28, 2018 4:42 PM EDT

Oh 1980 movies, let's see The Last Starfighter, Explorers, War Games, Flight of the navigator and the Friday the 13th movies.

• Sweet_Chick
    • 7 posts
    August 30, 2018 10:04 AM EDT

Oh, I am addicted to The Breakfast Club and Sixteen Candles plus I love the Jason and Freddy Kruger movies. cx

• Cameron's fan
    • 3 posts
    August 30, 2018 5:47 PM EDT

Oh, yea I like Sixteen Candles with Molly Ringwald, she was one of those top teen actresses form that time. Such a funny movie, lolz

• The Rose
    • 3 posts
    September 1, 2018 3:14 PM EDT

Stand by Me is the best, there is no other I care about from the 80's.

• Elian
    • 20 posts
    September 1, 2018 7:35 PM EDT

I like Corey Haim movies, he seems so cool, I like "Lucas," "The Lost Boys,"  "Secret Admirer" "Silver Bullet" and "License to Drive" he must have been one of the biggest child/teen stars of the 80's.

• Jeff_Wincott
    • 93 posts
    September 2, 2018 12:55 PM EDT

There are a few movies that would have to be on my list but then as mentioned by another are these movies for kids or teens, yes both are kids but there are movies that kids would enjoy and teens might find boring.

I would have to make sure Stand by Me is on my list and some other kid-friendly movies like D.A.R.Y.L and Explorers, and where is The NeverEnding Story? unless I glossed over it.

• Island_Star
    • 28 posts
    September 2, 2018 6:17 PM EDT

I like the Jason and Freddy movies.

• Tristan
    • 36 posts
    September 2, 2018 11:21 PM EDT

Yea I have seen the Last Starfighter it is a cool movie that I have watched like 3 times from the copy I have.

Shay Cormac said:

• Tristan
    • 36 posts
    September 2, 2018 11:23 PM EDT
    Hey AJ I like the Friday 13th Movies and The Mightmare on Elm Street movies also, who is your fav Jason or Freddy? FReddy is more freaky to me, guy terrified me when I was like 10 and stupidly put on the movie. lol
    Island_Star said:

I like the Jason and Freddy movies.

• JeffJones
    • 84 posts
    September 3, 2018 12:22 AM EDT

I agree with most I should have made two articles one for 80's movies teens should see and another for kids, I agree while teens might like movies that kids also do not all kids like teen-focused movies.

I will add another list over at former teen stars specifically for movies teens would like from the 80's and I will post the link here for those of you who do not use the other site.

• JediKnight
    • 9 posts
    September 3, 2018 11:00 AM EDT

I like the  Nightmare on Elm Street movies but they scared the heck out of me also when I watched them with my older brothers, I could not sleep for days.

• Sofine
    • 66 posts
    September 7, 2018 4:45 PM EDT

There are lots of good 80's movies I search for them all the time on Netflix to watch, they had some great slasher horror movies back then and I love them.

• JoeyL_Roxxs
    • 3 posts
    September 8, 2018 9:06 AM EDT

Oh, I love that old movie ET, I cried when I first saw the DVD, lolz one of my fav movies of all time.

• Broderick
    • 10 posts
    September 8, 2018 8:28 PM EDT

Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

I love that movie to death and if I was born to see it at the cinema that would have been awesome.