Forums » Movies

Kevin Hernandez - Get the Gringo

• Film_Fan
    • 53 posts
    August 7, 2012 1:09 AM EDT

Kevin Hernandez did a nice turn as kid born and raised in a notorious Mexican prison in the new Mel Gibson flick “Get the Gringo” a film that did not get a theatrical release in the USA and that was Mel’s decision.

Gibson is thrown in one of the most bizarre prisons you will ever see, the prisoners carry guns, they sell drugs you buy a place to live etc. this is not a normal prison but more like a village enclosed with walls.

Mel soon meets the 9 year old kid who is simply referred to as kid, he smokes he swears he is a lil bad ass type and I typically cringe when kids play these types of roles but deep inside he is a good kid in a tough situation.

The film is gritty, and violent with a surprising twist involving the kid, I really liked Kevin Hernandez in this film he did a very god job and should be up for one of those Young Artist Award in my opinion.

• Rachel
    • 83 posts
    August 7, 2012 1:15 AM EDT
    It was on PPV, I wanted to see it but my dad said it was an R movie.
    I wanted to see Kevin Hernandez he was good in "The Sitter."
  • Film_Fan
    • 53 posts
    August 7, 2012 1:18 AM EDT
    Well actually it is not really anything that you have not seen or heard, a bit violent a bit of cussing but that is almost any hit movie these days.
  • NZgirl
    • 13 posts
    August 8, 2012 1:45 AM EDT
    Oh I want to see it, I think Mel Gibson is an excellent actor and director.
  • KidIce
    • 6 posts
    August 8, 2012 5:32 PM EDT
    I saw that movie it was good, aw come on the swearing was nothing and the violence well you can see that in a reg TV show any night.
  • Jeff_Wincott
    • 93 posts
    August 9, 2012 10:51 AM EDT

I think Mel Gibson is a horrible person but he is  an actor and filmmaker. I really liked this movie it had a very good story and was very gritty and realistic.

This post was edited by Admin at January 29, 2013 11:42 AM EST
  • <i>Deleted Member<\/i>
    • 4 posts
    August 9, 2012 12:40 PM EDT
    I can't wait to see it. Michael and me auditioned for the role. I got a call back for it too, so I want to see how the kid did it.
  • BizKid
    • 16 posts
    August 9, 2012 3:09 PM EDT

OMG! are you serious? I saw it on PPV and as I was watching it I said Michael or Nathaniel fits that role.

That is so cool you got a call back that would have been nice for you but I can't picture you there smoking and cussing. lol

Nathaniel Pena said:
    I can't wait to see it. Michael and me auditioned for the role. I got a call back for it too, so I want to see how the kid did it.

• <i>Deleted Member<\/i>
    • 4 posts
    August 9, 2012 4:48 PM EDT
    I know. I audition and did the call back on a scene where the kid is smoking in prison, I did pretend to smoke in it but I removed the cursing out it as I didn't believe added anything to what was being said. BTW, I always do that. I refuse to use profanity even if it is in the script.
  • Kandy_Gurl
    • 6 posts
    August 9, 2012 4:56 PM EDT

That might cost your roles though.

Nathaniel Pena said:
    I know. I audition and did the call back on a scene where the kid is smoking in prison, I did pretend to smoke in it but I removed the cursing out it as I didn't believe added anything to what was being said. BTW, I always do that. I refuse to use profanity even if it is in the script.

• <i>Deleted Member<\/i>
    • 4 posts
    August 9, 2012 5:07 PM EDT
    I know! Rather do the ones worth it. I worked with a director at AFI (American Film Institute) that removed all profanity just because he wanted me to do his project so, it depends. Better to keep my integrity, it is more important than any role.
    Kandy_Gurl said:

That might cost your roles though.

Nathaniel Pena said:

• Front_Row_Center
    • 68 posts
    August 9, 2012 5:19 PM EDT
    @Nathaniel Pena, bravo for you young man your integrity is more important than any tinsel town role, many people do roles that they feel very bad about later and many lose out on many because of their values.