Forums » Off-Topic Discussions

Olympics

• Jon_Brit
    • 33 posts
    August 13, 2012 12:59 PM EDT

Now that the games are over and the world is heading home and England has demonstrated how to hold a proper Olympic Games what doe that twitt Mitt Romney has to say now?

Many say these were the best games ever in competitions and in how the thing was carried off.

This post was edited by Admin at January 31, 2013 11:54 AM EST
  • August 13, 2012 5:38 PM EDT
    the opening and ending ceremonies were awesome.
    the music was perfect and the special guests to.
    Russel Brand as Willy Wonka and after him Fat Boy Slim.
    Muse was also the bomb.
    Eric Idle,as always,very funny with Always look on the bright side of life.

and ofcourse the old rockers The Who.

anyway it was just marvelous,fantastic.
  • OmahaTrevor
    • 109 posts
    August 13, 2012 7:46 PM EDT

Yes they were a great Games. However i know some people in Vancouver who like to think the ceremonies of their Games were better.

This is going to be one tough act for Rio to follow.

This post was edited by OmahaTrevor at August 13, 2012 7:47 PM EDT
  • Chris Kross
    • 37 posts
    August 15, 2012 3:37 PM EDT
    Yes indeed what does Romney or whatever the twits name is have to say now about England holding the Olympics? I sure hope he is not elected just what the world needs him holding the nuke codes.
  • OG John
    • 86 posts
    August 16, 2012 2:44 PM EDT

Indeed he was on about they did a better job in the some middle of nowhere place in America, this was held in  London and was a smash.

Chris Kross said:
    Yes indeed what does Romney or whatever the twits name is have to say now about England holding the Olympics? I sure hope he is not elected just what the world needs him holding the nuke codes.

This post was edited by Admin at January 31, 2013 11:53 AM EST
  • OmahaTrevor
    • 109 posts
    August 16, 2012 3:47 PM EDT

If he was talking they did a better job in Atlanta, Romney's wrong.  I was 10 during the Atlanta Games and I remember it's problems. It even had a ridulous mascot by the name of Izzy. If you think Wenny and Mandy are weird, you should see what Izzy looked like.

OG John said:

Indedd he was on about they did a better job in the some middle of nowhere place in America, this was held in sodding London and was a smash.

Chris Kross said:

• Jon_Brit
    • 33 posts
    August 17, 2012 3:01 PM EDT

OmahaTrevor no the bloke was talking about Salt Lake City I didnt even know there was an Olympics there, where is there anyways?

This post was edited by Admin at January 31, 2013 11:51 AM EST
  • OmahaTrevor
    • 109 posts
    August 20, 2012 3:48 PM EDT

Salt Lake City is in the state of Utah right in the middle of the rockies. Yeah the winter games of Salt Lake City in 2002 were good but I'm sure they had some imperfections.

As for you I wouldn't worry about what Romney says. He's a Mormon. And Mormons consider Salt Lake City as sacred as us Catholics consider the Vatican. Any ways the London Games were good. The mascot on the other hand...

Oh yeah. For you, I'm voting Obama.

Jon_Brit said:
    OmahaTrevor no the bloke was talking about Salt Lake City I didnt even know there was an Olympics there, where is there anyways?

This post was edited by Admin at January 31, 2013 11:51 AM EST
  • Jon_Brit
    • 33 posts
    August 23, 2012 4:36 PM EDT

Well there you go lads, if that is not in the middle of nowhere then where is? might as well be on Jupiter.

This post was edited by Admin at January 31, 2013 11:48 AM EST