Forums » Off-Topic Discussions

Ice Storm

• T.O Girl
    • 9 posts
    December 23, 2013 2:23 PM EST

Omg! What an Ice Storm we had here I hope all in Eastern USA and Canada are ok. WE lost power for almost 18 hours and many more still don’t. The ice was so heavy on the tree and power lines Trees were snapping all over from home we could hear them all night. The weight of the ice again brought huge limbs and whole Tress down in Roads on cars and on Homes. Some will not have power back they say till maybe Christmas day.

• Front_Row_Center
    • 68 posts
    December 24, 2013 12:56 AM EST

Saw some of that on the news, nasty stuff glad you are ok all the best to all affected.

• Tristan
    • 36 posts
    December 24, 2013 3:29 PM EST

Merry Christmas

yep the ice storm was bad here and still so many homes have no electrictity and the temp here today is -18C, walking around almost every other tree has huge limbs or the tree it self broken from the weight of the ice.

All tree looks some magic tree all coated in ice and shiny in the bright sun despite the cold.

• AuzzyFAN
    • 1 posts
    December 25, 2013 11:06 AM EST

Yes as I am happy and warm this morning I rememebr the tens of thousands of my fellow citizens who are still without power since the Ice Storm on Sunday..and these freezing temperatures many had to leave home to find someplace warm family, friends or warming centers.

This post was edited by AuzzyFAN at December 25, 2013 11:07 AM EST